|Forums | USR | I found a cure for a problem||Watch|
|Posted - 8/8/2001 7:43:48 AM |
I am running Win 98SE and using a Sportster x2 internal voice modem flashed to V90. I was using IE5.5. The problem occurred when I tried to connect from one link to another, ie. when going from the index to a topic to and back. Often when I would tried to click on the link, nothing would happen. It was almost as if the system was asleep. Some times the connection would be established after several seconds, but often, I would have to refresh the page to get the system to wake up. I tried to slow the connection speed down, but even at 28.8 the problem occurred. I had used this same modem in another computer, with three other ISP's and the problem occurred. I just resigned thinking that this was just part of the Internet experience.
Fortunately I installed Opera 5.12 as my browser, and Viola, this stalling problem has not occurred since. I can't explain what made the change, maybe Opera made a change in the registry. I occasionally IE 5.5, but not enough to see if the problem improved. :P :P :P
Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.
Show All Forums |