|Forums | USR | USR 568301 Winmodem doesn't work in Windows ME||Watch|
|Posted - 9/6/2001 9:37:34 AM |
This modem worked fine in Windows98. I moved the modem to a WindowsME machine and now it won't detect carrier. AT commands work fine on it and everything checks out. I can ath1 and hear the dial tone but the modem just will not detect the carrier on its own. Anyone know what might be going on here? The modem worked fine the last time I used it about 3 months ago. I also use the same phone line on a USR external modem and it works so its not the phone line.
|Posted - 9/6/2001 7:12:49 PM |
Can you ATDT <phone number> in Hyperterminal and have the modem dial out ok?
If all else fails, uncheck 'wait for dial tone before dialing' in the Modem Properties or use X3 in the Extra Settings.
|Posted - 9/10/2001 7:54:00 PM |
Yeah, the modem responds to all AT commands. I set it to atx0 but that didn't work. I also set it to ath1 so it would open the line and I could hear the dial tone from the modem. Its really weird. Its an old EISA winmodem that doesn't have WinME drivers. I used the latest version of drivers I could find for Win98. Since then I've put the modem in my Win98 box and its workings. I guess WinME isn't as backwards compatable as it would have us believe. The only thing I can figure out is there isn't any support for the modem in ME since winmodems, lacking certain hardware, require actual drivers to operate.
Click Here To Close Thread, Administrators & Moderators Only.
Show All Forums |